Vast Variety of Vamps
A Guest Post By Chrystal from:
I've had a fascination with paranormal beings for a while, but vampires still seem to be the creature I come back to time and again. Maybe it's because of the large fascination in the general public with the idea of vampires - I mean they look like and talk like humans, they just live a lot longer and sometimes (but not always) can be much more dangerous and deadly.
So I decided for my vampire awareness post that I would do a rundown of my favourite vampires in books. And honestly, not one of the vampires are alike - you'll see.
1. Dracula by Bram Stoker - not everyone has read Dracula, but almost everyone I've ever met knows the character of Dracula - the original nightmare - a pale man that only rises at night, can change form (bat, vapour/mist, wolf), and who devours the blood of his chosen victims.
2. Interview with the Vampire - by Anne Rice - in this book we meet many vampires and all of whom have different personalities. Louis - the vampire with a conscience. Lestat - the carefree vampire intent on living it up and not letting anything get in his way. And Claudia - the vampire girl who is destined to forever live in the body of a child. This is probably one of my favourite vampires novels of all time.
3. Undead/Queen Betsy Series by MaryJanice Davidson - Elizabeth "Betsy" Taylor (Queen of the Vampires) is probably one of the most hilarious characters to read. These chick lit novels feature a divaesque Betsy with a penchant for designer shoes.
4. Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series by Laurell K Hamilton (ADULT CONTENT in these books) - Jean-Claude is the sexy Master Vampire of St. Louis and he's an incubus to boot. He's also Anita Blake's main love interest in most of the series. Jean-Claude is a 500 year old French-born vamp with a love for design both in clothes and his furnishings. He's a powerhouse and not one to be messed with. He also has great alliances with many of the were animals in the city.
5. Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst - Meet Pearl a teenage vampire who almost meets her demise when she gets staked by a unicorn horn. Her life turns upside down from that moment on. She is a very sassy character and such a fun read from the YA genre.
About the Author.
Chrystal is a bookaholic, a photographer, a sister, a friend, a daughter, a list maker, a DIY gal, a jeopardy fanatic, a kitty mommy, a proud Canadian, a crafter, and a dreamer.
She can be found at her blog snowdropdreams.ca and on twitter @snowdropdreams