You can't make this stuff up!
I was hoping to find a good image of a possessed microwave but alas, google has failed me.
Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.
I was sitting at my desk last night, legs propped up, book in hand, enjoying a little down time after putting the munchkin to bed. All of the sudden I hear the microwave beeping.
Thinking my husband might be preparing a late night snack I look over to the kitchen. No one was there.
"Hmmm, that's odd." I say to myself and return to my book.
Husband walks into to the room. I casually ask if he had heard the microwave? He says no, shrugs, and sits down at his desk.
Moments go by in silence as I return to my reading and husband plays with his computer.
"Beep, Beep, Beep." The sound comes again from the kitchen.
"What the hell!" Both my husband and I look at each other in shock and turn our heads towards the kitchen.
I bravely get up to go investigate. The microwave looks normal. It's showing the time and appears to be just fine. "I don't know what's up with this stupid thing." I say. Husband shrugs and gets up to inspect it himself. He presses a few buttons, open and closes the door, and walks away shaking his head. "I dunno what's wrong with it." He walks toward the bathroom.
As soon as the bathroom door closes, the microwave beeps again. And this time it turns its self on.
I jump in my seat. "What the hell!"
It takes me a few moments to gather the courage to walk over and inspect the microwave again. I reach a shaky hand out and stop the microwave wich has 23 seconds left to cook it's imaginary dinner.
Husband walks out of the bathroom to find me looking like a deer in the headlights. "Honey it just turned its self on."
"Really?" He looks almost as frightened as me at this point. He again walks over to inspect it.
I walk back to my desk and make a small joke about the Microwave being possessed. As I sit down the microwave beeps again and turns back on. I let out a little squeal of a scream. "Turn it off, un plug it. Do something!"
Hubby gasps and yanks out the power cord.
"If that thing turns on again, were sleeping in a hotel." I say half hysterical, half laughing.
Thankfully it did not turn back on after that.
So what do you think? Do I need to call a repair man or a priest? Ever have something like this happen to you?